Sunday, January 23, 2011

Take it or Leave It, Home Traveller

Anne Lorenz Home Traveller
Anne Lorenz Home Traveller
Anne Lorenz Home Traveller
Anne Lorenz Home Traveller
Anne Lorenz Home Traveller



Meet Hamburg based product designer Anne Lorenz and her 'Home Traveller', a combination of a storage chest and a handbag design. The 'Home Traveller' is on preview as part of the [D3] design talent (a young designers contest in Germany) at IMM Cologne.

Lets talk about this soft leather chest/handbag hybrid. It measures 2.3 x 2 x 1.3 feet with a wooden base. I have never measured a handbag in feet before, I love it already. It is considered as a portable furniture; storage unit at home or luggage bag for the road.

I like that it has such a large interior and it does not sit so low on the ground. I would love that base for my NYC transit commute. I do not see this bag being treated well at the airport but this bag would travel well on a road trip to Vermont or a weekend to the Long Island winery with the hubby. And if long trips in the car is not your style, then the Home Traveller still gets your attention as a unique cabinet unit (minus the shelves) in your home, imagine the color options. I hope Anne Lorenz wins!

The bag looks funny when carrying it but it is a creative design concept for a competition. Can you see yourself at in a hotel lobby with this piece of luggage?

Images by Anne Lorenz.

1 comment:

  1. So true, for me it would work best as a piece of furniture. The base makes it hard for me to see someone in transit with it.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by Clairvo