Monday, February 07, 2011

Lust List | Island Hopping in Maldives





With the warming air approaching and the snow melting, you would think that I would have the patience for the awesome NY summer, but I can't wait, I need and want to go away now! As I looked through my mounting emails of requests and offers for new and interesting places to visit, I came across a photo of a cluster of islands that looked like they have been skipped across the ocean. I almost choked on air as I gasped at it's amazingness (coined). What you see in the pictures above is the most beautiful place on Earth; The Republic of Maldives, or better known, the Maldives.

Maldives, located in the Indian Ocean, consists of approximately 1,190 coral islands grouped in a double chain of 26 atolls, along the north-south direction, spread over roughly 90,000 square kilometers. The climate is perfect with tropical heat and ocean breeze and temperatures between 75 to 91 degrees Fahrenheit year round.

Each resort in the Maldives is housed on a separate island by itself and offers an exotic blend of modern luxury and isolated serenity, surrounded by crystal clear waters, beautiful white sand beaches, swaying palm trees and fabulous dive sites.

I thought I would tire of beach vacations being born in the Caribbean and visiting quite often, but when I find an island nation like Maldives, I am convinced the world wants me to keep traveling, keep experiencing and keep learning about it's wonders.

Know of other amazing places to relax, explore and brag about? I need more ideas. :)

4 comments:

  1. OMG...how gorgeous! I need a vaycay like that STAT! Thanks so much for becoming a Rosebud...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for creating such a community!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Cassie, when you decide to go to the Maldives... take me with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible Pictures.

    Really great blog site I've enjoyed reading through your blogs because of the great style, energy and photos. I have a blog on travel theme. If you're interested, we would love to have you on as a guest blogger. Please send me an e-mail and I can give you more information. Looking forward to hearing from you.

    Thanks
    Rachna
    rachna@fareportal.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by Clairvo