Friday, January 07, 2011

My Home can be a Fashion Icon

Jean-Paul Gaultier Roche Bobois Mah Jong sofa



I love home furniture and décor. I was once obsessed with home decorating. When all of my friends were reading the teen magazines and hip hop articles in 7th grade, I was perched on the ledge of my French teacher, Mr. Talis’ first period class reading Pottery Barn. I wanted to discuss the pieces with my classmates but they were less than interested in the mahogany Farmhouse Chifforobe with solid wood drawers. I think if my classmates saw the Roche Bobois Mah Jong sofa by Hans Hopfer or any other piece in the collection they would put down the Vibe or People magazine and pay attention to real style.

This might be the first mingling of the worlds of fashion and home décor but the new furniture collection designed by Parisian grand couturier Jean-Paul Gaultier for the famed French furniture manufacturer Roche Bobois 50th anniversary can arguably be the most eccentric of influences. It is an ultra-glamorous collection celebrating the love story between Fashion and interior design. Gaultier style with the expertise of Roche Bobois created a sophisticated bouquet of sensual materials, subtle colors and iconic pieces and patterns.

The Roche Bobois Mah Jong sofa is my favorite piece, originally designed by Hans Hopfer in 1971. Gaultier upholstered in theatrical fabrics: more sailor stripes, pleasure-garden florals, a silver-screen kiss, and negligee-like black lace. If I could choose one piece, this would be it. Which piece would make your home sexy?


Visit the complete collection at Jean-Paul Gaultier Roche Bobois.

3 comments:

  1. That Room is super sexy. I LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this room. The sofa is not cheap, but I appreciate the mix. Gives good ideas for home decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I want to live there.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by Clairvo